cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF733Cdw Mac OS12 - Cannot change paper size

mmonteleon
Apprentice

Printer: ImageCLASS MF733Cdw

*The latest firmware and drivers have been installed.

Operating System: Mac OS 12 Monterey 

Hello Canon,

This is the dilemma:  I cannot print legal sized documents from my MacBook running Monterey.  The only paper option is letter. (see image posted below).  I have no problem printing the same document from other devices but on my Macbook, everything gets compressed to letter size before printing.  There is no Legal Size option.  Apple support saw this post about a similar issue for a different printer but I simply do not have the same options available to me in settings.

I just spent 3 hours workig with Apple to resolve this issue and it was escalated to a senior support person.  They belive it's an issue on Canon's end.  They are asking me to seek your guidance before escalating to Apple's engineers.  

Help me Obi Wan Canon-obi, you're my only hope!

Note: I tried using MS Word, Google Docs, Apple Pages, and Apple Preview.  All had the same issue.  Letter is the ONLY available paper size option.  

Screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 5.16.33 AM.png

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Mmonteleon,

The image above looks like the apple generic print driver is being used. In this situation, you can try downloading and installing the MF Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V10.11.8 [OS X 10.11.6 - macOS 12.0.1] from the link HERE. Once you have downloaded and installed the driver, you can click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. In printers and scanners, you can use the - at the bottom of the printer list to remove any connections for the printer. After they have been removed, you can click the + to ad the printer back in the list. When adding the printer, make sure the USE box near the add button has the printer driver selected and it is not set to airprint or secure airprint.

Announcements