cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually Uninstall Canon MF Print Drivers Mac OSX 12.0.1

projectileobjec
Apprentice

I was able to install my Canon D570 print drivers through Mac OSX 12.0.1 Monterey through Bonjour.

But to get all the "advanced" functionality out of my printer, I knew I needed to install the canon MF drivers -- this was a mistake.

They do not work despite Canon's firmware/downloads section saying they do.  Now no matter what I do, my mac can no longer establish a proper connection to the printer and complete the installed.  I've deleted the Canon printer folder under /Library/Printers/Canon, but this did not work.

The "recommended" drivers from the product page produce this error when you try to add a new printer.  Please help me remove the garbage that the MF print drivers put on my machine.  Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 8.07.38 PM.png

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Projectileobjec,

The error screen it showing a connection based error and that will usually point to a problem with the Mac and printer connecting to each over your network. In that situation, I would suggest unplugging your router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is up, you can try adding the printer again to see if it connects. If it does not, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666.  Our agents would  be happy to assist with any driver issues and can help with any problems the printer has connecting to the network properly.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements