cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass D570

JennyCe112
Apprentice

I purchased the D570 laser printer back in September. I was very happy with how fast it printed. I had gone a week or two without printing anything to it (I'm a stage 4 cancer patient, and I spent some time in the hospital). I am now having trouble printing to it at all. I tried unplugging it for 30 seconds. I tried rebooting my computer. I checked for any computer updates I had, and I made sure my computer's OS was up to date. (I have a MAC). I tried resetting the printer on my Mac, and I downloaded the drivers again. My husband just bought me a brand new Macbook Pro for Christmas.I picked it up two days ago. After migrating the data from my old computer over to my new computer, I tried sending print jobs to the D570. It still doesn't work. Basically, my printer is offline, and my computer spools the job over and over again with no luck. I ordered a USB C printer cord. This morning, I tried connecting my computer directly to the printer. I got an error message. Something about a filter failing. I've got no idea what's wrong, but I'm pretty sure it has to be the printer. Anyone have any ideas for how to fix this issue? I'm VERY frustrated. Part of the reason I ordered this laser printer is because, as a cancer patient, I'm constantly printing large print jobs. I just had a consult with a nutritionist, who sent me a 50 page document. If I send that to my other printer, not only will it take forever to print, I'll burn through all its ink. My only other recourse is to send it to Office Depot's print department and spend $20 or $30....which I shouldn't have to do given I have a nice laser printer at home. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Happy Turkey Day!! 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello JennyCe112,

A stop filter failed message will appear when the incorrect driver is installed or if the worn one was used when adding the printer. In this situation, you can try downloading and installing the MF printer driver using the link HERE.

Once the driver has been installed, you can try resetting you printing system and add the Mac again. When adding the printer, make sure the printer driver is set in the USE box and it is not set to airprint or secure airprint.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a hard time connecting to the printer. I understand that those documents need to get printed out. For a more immediate resolution to your issue, please contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be more than happy to help you out with that issue and get you printing again. We can also continue to assist via chat. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac operating system are you using on your computer? To find your version of the Mac OS click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on about this Mac.
  2. Are you trying to connect via USB or is it over a network?
Announcements