cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually Uninstall Canon MF Print Drivers Mac OSX 12.0.1

projectileobjec
Apprentice

I was able to install my Canon D570 print drivers through Mac OSX 12.0.1 Monterey through Bonjour.

But to get all the "advanced" functionality out of my printer, I knew I needed to install the canon MF drivers -- this was a mistake.

They do not work despite Canon's firmware/downloads section saying they do.  Now no matter what I do, my mac can no longer establish a proper connection to the printer and complete the installed.  I've deleted the Canon printer folder under /Library/Printers/Canon, but this did not work.

The "recommended" drivers from the product page produce this error when you try to add a new printer.  Please help me remove the garbage that the MF print drivers put on my machine.  Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 8.07.38 PM.png

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Projectileobjec,

The error screen it showing a connection based error and that will usually point to a problem with the Mac and printer connecting to each over your network. In that situation, I would suggest unplugging your router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is up, you can try adding the printer again to see if it connects. If it does not, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666.  Our agents would  be happy to assist with any driver issues and can help with any problems the printer has connecting to the network properly.

Announcements