cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF733 Error Paper Jam but no paper

ipWitan
Contributor

Machine wants me to check jam in front and in back, lifting back duplex tray. The machine was moved to a table with full access. No paper jam found anywhere. Boy am I hoping it is just a hair band in the machine, but there is nothing to clear out. I have taken out cartridges, paper tray, flipped on it its sides, used compressed air, used a yard blower, updated firmware, reset multiple times, let it rest a week, even tried the Fonzie tap - nothing. It still scans to a usb and has wifi.

The machine is 3-4 years old but only has 4000 prints. I cannot find any videos to show where the sensors are that log the jam. Is there a way to force the rollers to move? Nothing to wiggles along. Is there a way to get into the service codes to find the exact sensors and/or determine if the sensors are simply bad?

Finding a new color laser copier is near impossible right now. So I am trying extra hard to fix this sucker.

4 REPLIES 4

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

The MF733Cdw has some onboard maintenance tools. In the current condition, can the maintenance menu be accessed?

If it can, place 10 or so pieces of paper in the auto feed tray and select the option (I can't think of the name off the top of my head) that just feeds the pieces of paper through without printing anything.

Side note: I remember an episode of "Happy Days" where Fonzie headbutted a jukebox to get it to work. 😄

While I can access the maintenance menu, I cannot perform any of the functions. It just goes to that step and then won't "start" the task. All the while the jammed symbol flashes at the bottom. I can scan, set, firmware says up to date although I cannot find the exact version number. There has to be some codes to over ride the jam. Or perhaps some sort of diagnostic that gives the exact error, as  in what sensor is the triggered and its location.

Without being able to execute the maintenance functions, I might suggest contacting Canon Customer Support on Monday to see what they say. 🤔

Hello ipWhitman,

If you have already removed all of the toner cartridges and checked for obstructions, it does look like the printer needs service. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents can help check that all location were checked for obstructions and can provide any available service options.

Announcements