cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF645Cx scanning to gmail problem

Trevorfw
Apprentice

Good day. I have been using the abovementioned scanner for a year or two without problems. However, as from the start of this month (June 2022) I have been unable to scan and email documents (via gmail). The error I receive is 839. I have checked / reset all the settings:

SMTP: smtp.gmail.com / User account  (valid): userxxx@gmail.com / Password is set correctly / TLS for smtp is on / Port 587 set.

2-factor verification is off for the email account

(I also created a new gmail account, with the same result).

I have noted that as from 1 June 2022 Google has changed its security settings and apps and devices that use less secure access (username and password only) have now been blocked. Could this be the problem?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Trevorfw,

Since Google has disabled the option to use less secure has been disabled, you can also use Google's additional option to setup an app password. If you continue to have problems setting up scan to email after using an app password, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with getting the scan to email option back up and running.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Trevorfw,

Since Google has disabled the option to use less secure has been disabled, you can also use Google's additional option to setup an app password. If you continue to have problems setting up scan to email after using an app password, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with getting the scan to email option back up and running.

Announcements