cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up scan to email (gmail) for Canon MF644CdW

enobriga
Apprentice

I have not been able to set up my scan to email (gmail)---smtp. I tried to follow solutions posted on this board however still unsuccessful. Any recommendations?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Not sure what instructions your followed since you didn't provide a reference.

I believe Gmail is no longer supporting connection from :"Less Secure Apps"...

Outgoing server is smtp.gmail.com

User is full gmail address

Ports: 587 or 465

For the password, I would enable 2 factor for the account.  You should be using this for enhanced security anyway.  Create an app password and use it in the password field.

shadowsports_0-1654872723322.png

shadowsports_1-1654872794725.png

Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm using an Imagerunner Advance C5535i (if it matters) and I'm having the same issue since the change. I generated and input an app password. When I test the SMTP connection, it says Connection to the Server successful. However, when I try to send an email, I get error code #839/ SMTP Authentication Error.  Any ideas on why it isn't sending the scans when the test is working?

Hi, dtoland!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

If you are having problems setting up the MF644Cdw with scan to email, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be able to walk you through the process of setting it up.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements