EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Shutter Speed or Aperture Values

Again, I want to thank you for all of your help in answering my questions.  It is really appreciated. I have a Rebel T6 that I purchased recently.  Occationally, the Aperture or Shutter Speed values will flash in the viewfinder.  I'm assuming it is b...

AllenP by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Changing Camera Owner Name In EOS 5D

I need to change the owner name in my faithful EOS 5D.  As I understand it, this can only be done with the Canon EOS Utility.  (Changing the camera owner name allows me to add the author name, also, in the event an image is processed without adding a...

thanser by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Shutter counts on my 6D

I have a Canon 6D that I was hoping to sell. I did a shutter count on it and it said 116,000 or 116%.Does this mean it's worthless?I called my camera repair store and explained it to him, he said these can sometimes can go up to 300,000, it's sellabl...

Resolved! CR2 icons showing up blank

Hi, I have a Mac Pro Tower running 10.11.4. recently my Canon raw files have lost their preview icon and are only showing up as blank white icons. I could see them before, now I can't and I dont think anything as really changed.  Ive run ONYX which u...

M-Jpeg Video Player?

I have Canon 1DX MKII and want to do most of my video recording in 4K, 60 fps.  However, the cameras' Codec for this filmimng is limited to Motion-JPEG.  I am having a VERY difficult time finding a simple Video Player that I can download for playing ...

LanceA by Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Intermittent over exposure

1dxWhen using my x2 teleconvertor and 300mm f2.8 mkii I occasionally get over exposure issues. I shoot in manual with auto iso 50% of the time it exposes perfectly. I then get loads of images totally over exposed. Tried all different metering types. ...

Rebel T3i card issue

I'm getting the following reading when I turn my Rebel T3i camera on: "Card's write protect switch is set to lock." This is incorrect. I've successfully used the same card in other Canon cameras as well as trying other cards in the T3i. It is definit...

Debbie13 by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

7D connecting to computer

A friend recently gave me a 7D in excellent condition after he upgraded.  When I try to connect to the computer it does not recognize the camera.  The EOS Utility program show the connect window, but nothing happens.  Any help is appreciated.

scpatriot by Contributor
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

80D shutter issue

My less than a year old 80D failed around a month ago with Error 20 message I could not resolve, so I dropped it off the the shop I bought it at and they sent it in to canon for a repair.  Yesterday I heard back that the canon service center said the...

glang by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! My new camera vs my samsung s8

Hi, I'm relatavily new to the photography world and yesterday I bought my first real camera. I bought a Canon 200D with the 18-55mm DCIII lense. I thought that there is no way my phone would be able to match up to a dedicated camera, but this doesn't...

jmark by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Noob question

looking to buy my first camera and ive been looking at the T6 bundle. I will be mainly using it to get pictures of wildlife, particularly deer. Roughly 200-300 yards away. My question is, will this be a good camera for this? And if so what lens shoul...

mendym by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

T6 - Video Mode - How To Disable LCD?

T6 1300D I'm using EOS Utility to shoot video remotely, I don't want the LCD screen on while I'm doing this because it's just a waste of battery since I'm looking at my monitor and not the camera screen. I've been googling for like half an hour now a...

adamdev by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

T6 Lens recommendations?

Hi all, I had no idea this forum existed but it looks awesome! I do have a question: I recently purchased the Rebel T6/1300D package that comes with the 18-55 and 75-300 lenses. I'm still on the learning curve with this camera (previously I was using...

Radman17 by Contributor
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements