cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New webcam M6 Mark II & Sigma lens

ocpp
Contributor

I am looking for a canon camera primarily as a webcam and to capture videos. 

Canon site recommended M50 and I was considering sigma 16mm to go along with that. 

Looking at other reviews, I am now thinking if it's worth getting a M6 Mark II. If that does work, could I get just the body and purchase sigma 16mm lens. Would I need a separate mount?

Also, how does that compare to RP?

I am open to other recommendation as well.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ocpp wrote:

Thank you, I have used several webcams including Logitech BRIO but the clarity is no where close to my T3i DSLR. However, T3i has no auto focus and my lens are not suitable for video conferencing hence my search for a new camera with auto focus, higher resolution. 

The only way that you will get higher resolution is to buy an external audio/video signal mixer, and feed that HDMI output into your HDMI capture device.  As long as you try to use USB connections, your performance will be somewhat limited.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Right up front I am not a webcam person.  However, my inclination would be to buy a real deal webcam camera instead of a DSLR or a M series or R series.  They are designed as stills cameras that will do video. But not designed as full bore video cameras.  I know guys turn them into video camera with some succes, though.

If you buy an M series or R series you should buy lenses that are designed for that format. If Sigma makes a 16mm lens for M mount, I would think it would be fine. Some lenses can be adapted to M mount but personally I don't like to use adapters.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you, I have used several webcams including Logitech BRIO but the clarity is no where close to my T3i DSLR. However, T3i has no auto focus and my lens are not suitable for video conferencing hence my search for a new camera with auto focus, higher resolution. 

@ocpp wrote:

The only way that you will get higher resolution is to buy an external audio/video signal mixer, and feed that HDMI output into your HDMI capture device.  As long as you try to use USB connections, your performance will be somewhat limited.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements