cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T8i stuck in movie mode

jturov
Apprentice

Hi, I have a brand new Rebel t8i that I can't use because it keeps getting stuck in movie mode. I just want to take photos, but nothing I do will get it out of movie mode. The other weird thing is I can't turn the camera off. Even when I switch it to "off" the camera stays on, and only turns off when it times out. I've found online posts for this problem with previous Rebel models, but none of the solutions posted have worked. Did I just get a dud? Or am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3

ergas
Contributor

Try removing battery to reset a camera. I this doesn't help, it is a new camera, bring it to official service.

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Are you using a genuine Canon battery or a third party version? What specific brand and model of memory card are you using?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@jturov,

Please provide a list of all hardware you are using.

Brand new T8i

Brand new LP-E17 battery

Lens or lenses the behavior occurs with

Memory card(s) brand, type, model, etc.

Remove the battery, close battery door

Remove the lens

Remove the memory card

Reinsert the battery

Power on the camera

Reset the camera settings to defaults

Wrench Menu Tab 5 - Clear main and custom settings

shadowsports_0-1684471870046.png

Canon Knowledge Base - Canon : Product Manual : EOS REBEL T8i / EOS 850D : Clearing Settings

Power off the camera.

Power back on and test on / off

With nothing but the battery inserted, if the camera will not power off normally, exchange the camera at the place of purchase.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements