cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II IS settings unavailable

dkoretz
Contributor

One of the IS settings appears to have disappeared from the menus. On p. 309 of the manual, you get three steps for setting the still photo IS settings. Step 3 is "still photo IS", with choices "always" and "only for shot". I believe I set this for always when I first got the body. However, this option does not appear anymore. All I get is the options to turn regular and digital IS on or off (the first being determined by the lens anyway). The Still Photo IS option no longer appears.

Anyone know how to bring this back or whether the 'only for shot' option makes sense?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

There are two pieces of information you might want to supply: the mode you are working in, and the lens(es) you are using.

The menu settings change, depending in what mode you are shooting in.  The modes that offer the most settings are M, Av, Tv.
The lens model has a lot to do with what the menus say.  For example, using the RF100-500L, IS is actually controlled by the lens - and if you select the option IS(Image Stabilization) Mode, and the IS mode is grey, selecting that will say so.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

There are two pieces of information you might want to supply: the mode you are working in, and the lens(es) you are using.

The menu settings change, depending in what mode you are shooting in.  The modes that offer the most settings are M, Av, Tv.
The lens model has a lot to do with what the menus say.  For example, using the RF100-500L, IS is actually controlled by the lens - and if you select the option IS(Image Stabilization) Mode, and the IS mode is grey, selecting that will say so.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

dkoretz
Contributor

Trevor,

Thanks very much.

Until I bought this body, I only used Tv, Av, and M. With this body, I find that the new Fv mode can be useful because it allows you to switch between the functional equivalents of the other three modes. I never use the automatic modes.

I noticed this missing with all three lenses I've used with the new camera: the RF 24-105 f/4, the EF 100mm L macro, and the EF 70-200 f/4 II. Perhaps I had only seen this setting in the online manual.

Dan 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I use Fv mode quite a bit also.  Its proven itself to be both functional and versatile.😉

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements