cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T7 LCD Screen Won't Turn On

Brayham03
Contributor

I was shooting with this camera this weekend, and the LCD screen cut out near the end of my session. The camera still takes photos, but again the screen won't turn on. Does anyone have a remedy for this?

24 REPLIES 24

Agreed, but the photograph supplied shows no card in the camera, thus as an examplar of the issue, it is not terribly helpful.  What it does show is that there is some kind of display on the screen.  I think what is needed is a shot of exactly the situation under which the display was not working.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Ok well when I put the card in, nothing is shown on LCD screen for any setting except the video setting. I can send a photo when I get back home, but it would just be a photo of the camera turned on with a blank screen (making it look like the camera was off). 

Thanks for responding! 🙂
Given the situation, I think you need to have a chat to the Canon technical support team.  If you are in the US, the number is 1-800-OK-CANON.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you.

I made the mistake of buying 20 T7's for my photography class, I am now down 7 cameras with this same exact problem. Canon won't even acknowledge this as a known issue and I can't afford to pay $200 per camera for repair... I am switching my classes to Nikon 

Maybe give Canon a call and discuss with them. If you are a school system they may be willing to work something out. 

As frustrating as your problem is I suspect you couldn’t convert to Nikon for $1400 dollars and I suspect Nikon isn’t 100% problem free. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I spoke to a number of different people but I only have so much time in the day. I was pretty heated when I wrote this and frustrated. I have since discovered a correlation with the HDMI Port, it fixed a couple of the cameras but I am down 5 still. I simply plugged in the HDMI port and then unplugged it... I am going to join the canon service program as we have so many canon cameras and lenses. I have tried firmware updates, hard resets, etc.

Good morning!

Try holding down the shutter button when you turn the camera on.  Once the LED screen comes on, go into the settings and set Image review to "hold."  This has worked for me so far. I'll let you know if I find out anything else.

Did you have the HDMI cable plugged into anything else?

Yes, my tv but it is normal as I go through menu systems and such with my students

Announcements