cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T7 LCD Screen Won't Turn On

Brayham03
Contributor

I was shooting with this camera this weekend, and the LCD screen cut out near the end of my session. The camera still takes photos, but again the screen won't turn on. Does anyone have a remedy for this?

24 REPLIES 24

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Please don't be insulted (because I don't know you) if I ask if you have repeatedly pressed the DISP button to cycle through the display options? 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I just tried that and nothing happened. None of the cameras settings display anything besides the video setting. 

image.jpg

Nothing else will display if there is no card in the camera - as is indicated.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Nothing works even when there is a card in the camera. Pour it cut out during my shoot when there was a sd card in there 

@Brayham03 wrote:

I just tried that and nothing happened. None of the cameras settings display anything besides the video setting. 

image.jpg

That’s not Live View or Video mode.  It’s the AF point selection display for the OVF.  

Is the menu button “dead”, too?  If not, then make sure the power switch is not in video mode.  Switch the top dial to “P”.  Go into the menus, find and select the option to restore factory default settings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Bill.  I am not sure that the power switch has an integrated video function in the T7, I think that is specific to the R7.

I certainly agree that the display is working to at least some degree, but they will got get much joy with no card in the camera, as the example image seems to show.

cheers, TREVOR

When I click the menu button nothing happens.  Don’t mean that the menu button is dead, im thinking something is wrong with the screen itself. Can’t navigate to the menus if I can’t see where I’m navigating to.  

Cant navigate to the menu because the LCD screen won't turn on. That's the problem. Even when the top dial is switched to "P". I click the menu button and nothing happens. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

OP states "I was shooting with this camera this weekend, and the LCD screen cut out near the end of my session.", so I would assume that at the time the problem arose there was a card in the camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements