EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Macro Question

I'm still pretty new to photography. I have a 50D body and want to do macro. I have the 100mm f2.8 USM lens and want to reverse mount my 50mm f1.8 STM lens to it for super macro. Is this a decent rig to try as I read recently that using two 50mm lens...

Resolved! Newbie needs lens advice

I have a Canon 80D and I love taking pictures of bees and dogs and people. I had the 70-200mm lens the big fancy 2000$ one and I hated how far away from the subject I had to be to get the picture. I want good image quality and possibly lower light ab...

Rebel T6 Telephoto Options Advice

New to the Community. Have the Rebel T6 and 3 lens:EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS IIEF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III, andEF 28-90mm f/4-5.6 I would like to do wildlife/bird and othe longer distance photography with a 500mm plus lens. I am a hobbyist/amateur and re...

EddM by Contributor
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Difference

What's the difference between a sigma 18-35 1.8 and a sigma 18-35 2.8? And will they both work with my Canon t3 rebel? 

nav16 by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Autofocus (18-55mm IS) retracts but doesn't extend out!

I'm having this issue with my kit lens (EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS), that the autofocus retracts from an extended position, but does not extend back out again.In MF mode i turn the focus to "close-up" (I extend out the lens). Then, when I switch to AF...

Steria by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Should I get EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L ii usm

Hello: I am looking at purchasing the above lens to replace my EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM.I have the 70-200 2.8 L II usm which is my go to lens, but I have heard so many good things about the 24-70 L 2.8 I feel I need to add this and sell the 17-55 th...

ilzho by Rising Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

sigma 18-35

i currently have a canon t3 rebel with a 50mm lense and a stock 18-55 lense. im looking to get a good another lense like the 18-35. anyone have any thoughts on this and where can i get one for a good price because they are a little pricey?

nav16 by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Autofocus not holding

Hi, I have a Canon Rebel, I've had no problems with the lens that comes with it (18-55mm) but whenever I use the 50mm f/1.8 II lens it will autofocus when holding the shutter button partially but then when compressing fully to take the photo there is...

Tamron Lense Distorts Colors

I just bought a new Canon XT7i and a brand new tamron 16mm-300mm f/3.5-6.3 (B016E). However, when I use the range of 16mm-22mm or so, it distorts the color of the image. Everything has a red/green outline. But if I zoom in past 22/25mm, it works perf...

Resolved! Looking for Lense options

Hi I am a true amatuer photography. I take pics just for fun, nothing else until now. My daughter wants me to do her senior pictures. They will be all out doors. I use a Canon Rebel EOS XSI. I have 2 lenses, the standard EF-S 18-55mm and also EF 75-3...

Focus problem with 600 mm IS 2 plus 1.4 and 2.0 TC's

I have focus problem with my newly acquired 600mm IS series 2 canon lens.I have a 60d, a 7d mk2 and a 5d mk3The lens works well on all three cameras, if I couple it up to a 1.4   iii or 2.0 iii  tc, the focus goes to pot (see image, AF point bang in ...

Prime v/s Macro

Whats the major difference between a prime lens and a macro lens?From what I know they have a fixed focal length and provides a great depth of field. If they both does the same job, then why are they called as Prime and Macro?I'm planning to buy a ne...

sidhu397 by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements