EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! Solar eclipse

I'm having trouble finding a solar filter for the upcoming eclipse. Mostly because I don't know what to search for. Can anybody help.I need a 77mm filter for 100-400L ii

Macro lens for insects

Hello, I am new to the world of DSLR photography. I would like to take pictures of insects, and would like to know what is a good lens to get for a DSLR to be able to take close up macros of insects. Should I be looking for a prime lens or zoom lens?...

100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS II USM + EXT 1.4 III

Greetings, The use of the extender 1.4 with my 100-400mm requires that I micro-adjust the setting in order to get tack-sharp pictures.Is this micro-adjustment taking into account the "whole" system (extender+lens) in such a way that when I use my 100...

Markeran by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

10-18 or 18-55?

Looking for opinions about which lens to get. I have a 60D and just sold the kit lens that came with it, I currently have the 75-300, which I am also selling, and the 50mm f/1.8 prime (which I will be keeping forever). I am trying to decide between t...

ravenina by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 50mm F/1 on eBay

I can't link, but Ken Rockwell says that there is one of these currently on eBay for $3360. They don't get much faster than that.

solar eclipse

going to be directly in the path of the total solar eclipse in Aug.  shooting with a 500f4 lens.  will Baader film taped to the hood, be strong enough to shoot partial> full eclipse without harming the lens?

Solar filter

Does anyone know where I can buy I good solar filter for the eclipse this close to the date1000 oaks are out of stockI have a 100-400L version 1A threaded filter is the best but I can't find any one that has 77mms in stockSo if anyone knows the circu...

55-250mm STM Lens goes to Sleep

FYI... While recently shooting a bicycle race with a 70D and 55-250mm STM, I noticed that when switching the lens to manual focus, pre-focusing at a specific place on the course, and waiting for a cyclist to pop into my composition... apparently this...

Calsal by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! EF 17-40mm f/4 L - Keep or sell?

I haven't used this lens much so am thinking of selling. However, not sure if I'm 'missing' something about the lens that would make keeping it bea better decision. I have a Sigma 24mm/f 1.4, Sigma 50 mm/f1.4, Canon 24-105mm/f4L, and Canon 70-200mm/f...

Telephoto lens too tight

I purchased a canon 1300d the other day and with it came a ultimaxx 2.2 telephoto lens, I screwed it on to the end of my 18-55mm lens, and it is too tight and will not come off, I want it off before I go on holiday, how can I get this off?

First third-party lens

I am thinking about purchasing the Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM lens.This would be my first third-party lens purchase. It would obviously be used as a walking-around lens. If I buy it, I'll likely buy directly from Sigma.  A couple of questio...

John_SD by Whiz
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Focusing Problem 70-200mm

Recently my 70-200mm lens  has had an issue with focusing on the right hand side. Photos come out like it has motion blur, and I can see it through the lens. Photo is attached to show what is happening (girl in purple). Any ideas on why? And if I can...

1A0A7015.jpg
Lindall by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon T3i + EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM Lens?

I am a young photographer who currently owns the T3i Costco kit (Comes with the 18-55 IS II and 55-250 IS II). I am very interested in buying the EF 70-200 f/4 L IS USM lens, because I love doing up-close photos. Would the lens work well with the T3i...

Resolved! Lens filter for EF 50mm 1:1.4 lens?

Every time I shoot (video mode) with a 58mm lens filter of any type on my EF 50mm 1:1.4 lens, there is a noticable reflection in view. But I can't shoot without a filter (I always use polarized) because I can't get them to look that good in an editin...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements