EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of lens scratch

I have the opportunity to buy a Canon zoom lens at a good price, but it has a minor scratch. Seller says it has no impact on photos. Should I beware or purchase it? How could it impact the photos? Thanks!

Sandy_T by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Dynamic Range in Canon 6D Vs Canon 6D Mark II ?

i am Using Canon 6D for Urban landscape Photography  Thanks alot for the responses in this Canon Comunity earlier 1 year when i got the encorgment to buy the 6D instead of the 5D Mark III as 6D considered better in low light conditions ( as i am usua...

Janabi79 by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wanting more zoom...

I have an EF 70-200 f/2.8L lens that will be on a 5D Mark IV body. I realize the I can use this lens with either of the Extenders, the version II if I remember correctly. Have read that this will choke back the Aperture some. One of the things I will...

Portrait Lens Option - 50 f1.2 or 24-70 f2.8

I have a 6D that I am using for portraits of models.  It came with the 24-105 lens but not being satisfied with the max f stop size I purchased the 70-200 f2.8 and while it is a great lens for this, I often find I am shooting at the lower end of the ...

HELP! My lens is “jumping”

I have a 100mm macro canon l lens. It has always worked beautifully, however this afternoon it is jumping. When I turn the camera on, it does nothing but jump. I’ve attached and reattached it too. Other lens are not bahving like this one and appear t...

djorae by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New lens???

Hi, could anyone tell me how to tell if a lens is a UK product or otherwise? I just bought a Canon 18-135mm lens off the internet from a well known company. It was listed as new, in retail box with warranty card and manual. When it arrived, I found n...

Canon Lens.jpg
John22 by Apprentice
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Is this a fungus spot on my 24-70 2.8?

Greetings to all,  I recently noticed two spots on the inside of the rear element of my 24-70 2.8L. I thought they were dust particles. However, one of them had a halo sort of thing around it. I have never had fungus in any of my lenses before, so I ...

Question_1514.JPG Question_1512.JPG Question_1517.JPG Question_1518.JPG

UV filters?

I understand the importance of them....to me the big one is the protection of scratches...I often walk around the yard during sunset with the camera hanging by my side...Daisy, aka, Nosey Nelly, is always trying to sniff/lick the lens...ANyways, I  d...

Resolved! Lens for 7D Mark II

Can anyone speak about using the EF 24-105 f/4 IS II, or the EF 24-70 f/4 IS USM, on a 7D Mark II? I have the EF-S 17-55, and I’m VERY  happy with it, but I am looking for something with more reach that is affordable…. Thanks in advance.

cas1963 by Enthusiast
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

On the fence.....

....on which 24-70 f/2.8 lens to get. How does one decide, flipping a coin? Looking at either the Sigma 24-70 DG OS HSM Art & the Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II USM. Have read a few reviews on the Sigma that mention a few issues with softness at certain le...

Canon 70-200mm F2.8 III?

Anyone know if the new 70-200 will be coming out anytime soon. the mk1 came out in 2001 and then the mk2 in 2010... so 2019? also does anyone have one and know how good it is. wanting to buy for studio work and portraits 

EF and EF-S lenses

I have a Canon Rebel XT currently. I just purchased online a T6... will the 70-300 IS EF lens that I use on my XT work on my new T6? Or do I have to use an EF-S lens?

Illine by Apprentice
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements