cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 Keeps Cycling

elstx61
Contributor

Canon Pixma MX490 powers on and goes through initialization, then powers back off.  Keeps repeating the process as long as it's plugged in.  Buttons are non-responsive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mike

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

354 REPLIES 354

Yes like I have no idea what any of that means 

Stephaniequiroz
Contributor

Almost midnight and printer is still not working. Beyond upset, it’s clearly not the machine itself fault if we are all having the same issue. Printer has been working fine for years and was working just a few days ago. Very upsetting that canon refuses to fix this problem and just tell us to “buy a new printer” when this is something fixable. Not only do the machine themselves work but this contributes to the ever growing electric waste. In our culture the first solution to our problems shouldn’t be to just buy a new machine, especially when the problem seems to be an easy fix on canons end. If canon does not fix this problem I definitely know what brand I won’t be buying.

I have no idea how to do that though 

xmt3000
Apprentice

Having same issue.  Glad to see I'm in good company, but frustrated that there's still not a fix from Canon.   Just ordered 2 new cartridges.  Looks like I'll be returning them and getting a new non-Canon printer if this isn't resolved shortly.

mariuszjj
Contributor

when the Wi-fi is off then it powers on and goes through - but did not have success with the usb connection either

mariuszjj
Contributor

Well i had that issue 3 days ago - tuned it off thinking the printer was busted -  it printed out stuff once and went back to the stupid poser cycle over and over again - it seems its a firmware issue - gonna see if it will work via usb  - just got new inks - this is so stupid 

mariuszjj
Contributor

the Printer works fine on USB connection - hooked up straight to the computer - the wirelesses part of the Firmware is screwed up it seems -  been using the printer for few years and it was fine  - always hooked up to Wi-fi, my kid needed to print paper for his homework and the printer started power-cycling again -  looked at the posts above and  disabled the wirelesses downloaded the original drivers installed - and hooked up via usb and it works - BUT as soon as the Wi-FI is back on it goes all crazy again - is there a way to reset the wi-fi connection ?  or disable ?   don't want to buy another printer after spending so much on 2 sets of brand new XL inks

nicnewdigate
Apprentice

My MB2050 is experiencing the same issue. It is stuck in a loop, turning off and then turning back on.

Hstp
Apprentice

Registered just to add my name to the list 🙄 MX492 here. Same issues. Canon needs to figure this out.. 

Announcements