cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2522 won't connect to my computer

tg68291
Apprentice

I tried the CD-Rom to add driver, it says 'printer detected' then switches to 'printer not detected'. I tried downloading updated drivers, it did the same thing. I tried restarting my computer and starting the installation over, it didn't work either. Same error. I've always used hp printers before, I'm thinking about taking this thing back and getting another hp. Is there anything else I could try?

I'm running Windows 10, and the printer is connected, not wireless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Infistorm,

If the setup detects the printer and then switches to not detected, it will usually mean that the computer is not reading the device properly. In this situation, you can go in to devicemanager and then you can try right clicking and uninstalling any connections for the printer.

While the printer is connected and turned on, press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in "devicemgmt.msc" and click OK. In device manager, check for any headings for other devices.If you see other devices, you can click the arrow next to and then you can right click and uninstall any connections for the MG2500. You can also check under Universal Serial Bus controllers and then you can right click and uninstall any connections for USB printing support or the MG2500.

Once those have been unsintalled, you can disconnect the printer. You can download and reinstall the setup from the link HERE and then you can reconnect the printer once the setup asks to connect the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@tg68291 wrote:

I'm running Windows 10, and the printer is connected, not wireless.

Assuming this means USB?

These are the latest drivers (installer) for your device.  Supports 32/64bit MG2522

With USB devices, the general rule is you run the installer prior to connecting the device, or wait to be prompted for connection before plugging it in.  Doing this before or out of sequence can cause issues.

The printer should be connected directly to a USB 2.0/3.0 port on a laptop or back of your desktop.  Using a hub powered or unpowered is not recommended. 

If you have any failed installation attempts (in Programs and Features) or existing printer instances (Control Panel > Device and Printers) these should be uninstalled and/or removed before attempting installation again.

The user profile you are installing under should have administrator privileges.  3rd party anti-virus software could/might interfere with installation, so be mindful of this.

**Edited to correct grammar and formatting

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I know this is an old post in an old thread but I am having this exact issue, tried this solution, and it failed to work.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm have tried repeatedly to get this printer to install the driver - both from the cd rom and from an online download - and it just doesn't connect. It either fails to detect the printer at all or switches from detected to not detected.

Does anyone have any solutions? Because I'm about ready to just return this printer and go back to HP.

Hello Infistorm,

If the setup detects the printer and then switches to not detected, it will usually mean that the computer is not reading the device properly. In this situation, you can go in to devicemanager and then you can try right clicking and uninstalling any connections for the printer.

While the printer is connected and turned on, press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in "devicemgmt.msc" and click OK. In device manager, check for any headings for other devices.If you see other devices, you can click the arrow next to and then you can right click and uninstall any connections for the MG2500. You can also check under Universal Serial Bus controllers and then you can right click and uninstall any connections for USB printing support or the MG2500.

Once those have been unsintalled, you can disconnect the printer. You can download and reinstall the setup from the link HERE and then you can reconnect the printer once the setup asks to connect the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks! I was trying for a couple hours to sort this out. THIS WORKS WELL. Appreciate it. I have the MG2522.

Will this also work with the Canon PIXMA MG2522 printer through USB? 

What type of laptop were you connected to? I only have the choice of a USB connection with my PIXMA MG2522 to my Samsung (google chrome) laptop but my printer series does not show up on the compatibility list. 

Thank you, Hector!

After 3 FRUSTRATING tries - This worked beautifully!!

I tried this solution many times but still can't resolve my problem. Finally I succeed using my own method. The key steps are connect only MG2522 on USB, then select only MP driver and quick menu at setup program.

Will I know which entries in the select what you want to include are the "MP driver" and "Quick menu"?  That is, are the names obvious?  I lack the moral fiber to spend an hour or two getting back to that point just to see.  Thank you.

Announcements