cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2522 won't connect to my computer

tg68291
Apprentice

I tried the CD-Rom to add driver, it says 'printer detected' then switches to 'printer not detected'. I tried downloading updated drivers, it did the same thing. I tried restarting my computer and starting the installation over, it didn't work either. Same error. I've always used hp printers before, I'm thinking about taking this thing back and getting another hp. Is there anything else I could try?

I'm running Windows 10, and the printer is connected, not wireless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Infistorm,

If the setup detects the printer and then switches to not detected, it will usually mean that the computer is not reading the device properly. In this situation, you can go in to devicemanager and then you can try right clicking and uninstalling any connections for the printer.

While the printer is connected and turned on, press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in "devicemgmt.msc" and click OK. In device manager, check for any headings for other devices.If you see other devices, you can click the arrow next to and then you can right click and uninstall any connections for the MG2500. You can also check under Universal Serial Bus controllers and then you can right click and uninstall any connections for USB printing support or the MG2500.

Once those have been unsintalled, you can disconnect the printer. You can download and reinstall the setup from the link HERE and then you can reconnect the printer once the setup asks to connect the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

I tried pegasusCanon's method and it also failed  What crappy software.

Uninstall canon drivers if any, then just connect the printer, do not connect other usb device. During setup, there’s a way to select what should be installed, I just select QuickMenu and MP driver, then the setup can detect the printer and complete the installation. Yeah, this setup has wasted too much time of customer, I would give it negative score, since it had not done enough test.

Try connect to the usb port at back of computer, sometimes it’s stable than the ports on the front.

Thanks, I didn't even know there was a port back there,  It still fails, tho.

I found a solution that worked for me on reddit at:

https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/comments/kpzqj2/canon_mg2522_driver_wont_install/?onboarding_redir...

First I downloaded and tried to install the drivers from the Canon website.  It goto not finding the printer and said if I quit the drivers would not be there.  I snaid bad words and quit and the followed the procedure from the url above from barksonic:

Open Start Menu > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners and it should show the drivers aren't available. left Click on the device and it should have a button to remove the device, click on it. Next Physically disconnect the printer from the PC and reconnect shortly after. It should come up without the drivers warning.

And presto everything worked.  Whole process took about 5 minutes.

Might try this , think it will work with my PIXMA MG2522 ? 

allforjc22
Apprentice

Unfortunately when I follow these directions devicemgmt.msc is not found by my computer!!!  Now what?

Same problem, and the solution has no effect. Why the setup program can't handle this automatically? Not a user friendly setup. I'm considering switch to other brand.

Finally I resolved my problem.

Environment: Dell XPS One 2720, Windows 11 home

Solution:

1. Disconnect any other USB devices other than MG2522 and keyboard, keep MG2522 off.

2. Run MG2522 setup program. Select only MP driver and quick menu, disselect all others.

3. Power on MG2522 when setup program need detect.

4. Bingo! I succeed (though after several days trying to follow the titled solution here many times but still failed).

Wish my solution also works for you and others that can't succeed using the titled solution above.

I tried for over 2 months to do what Canon told us to do but it never worked. I tried what pegasusCanon said that they did and it worked like a charm.

Announcements