cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2900 wireless - Power Off Question

Off
Contributor

Interesting, my post was deleted  after a little over a week without explanation. So here it is again...

I use my printer in wireless mode only. When I print, it automatically turns on and prints. I never have to manually turn the printer on first. I then go into printer properties and use the Power Off button to shut it down remotely.

Canon support was so absolutely amazed that I could remotely turn the printer back on after turning it off in this way, and said it was impossible to turn it back on remotely. (My question had absolutely NOTHING to do with turning it ON)

So...Does anybody know a way to remotely shut down the printer without the Power Off button in Maintenance? It's kind of a pain to navigate the menus every time I want to remotely shut it down.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Off!

Thanks for posting on the Canon Community Forums.  Your original post wasn't deleted.  As it concerned a Canon multifunction printer, we moved it to the proper category of Printer/Multifunction Support.  You'll find your original post right here.

We hope this helps!

Would have been nice to have been told. But since I wasn't asking about the multifunction options, kind of dumb to split hairs.

Off
Contributor
Success!!! No more navigating printer menus, I wrote an AHK script to create a one click "OFF" for my desktop. Very fast.
Announcements