cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA mx922 prints blurry.

afip4n6doc
Apprentice

Our PIXMA mx922 prints blurry.  I have already cleaned the encoding strip.  

When I print a black and white text document. some lines on a printed document are sharp and crisp, while others are faint and blurry.  These crisp and blurry lines alternate all the way down the page. 

When I print a mixed color and black text document (such as a screen capture of this current page), the color sections are sharp but the black ink sections are blurry as mentioned previously.

The blurry text almost looks like a double image of the letters.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

44 REPLIES 44

merrymary247
Rising Star

I've done this multiple time and it hasn't fixed it...

Didi you get an answer to your question? I have had an MX922 printer stored for 6 months and just restarted it to find this problem. Thanks.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No answer to issue was ever noted.

The link that you provided isn't working: "This site can’t be reached"

merrymary247
Rising Star
might try cleaning it again. Move the ink carriage to make sure you get both sides of the encoder strip.

Ameriguat
Contributor
Nope, I just traded it in for a newer one

Still looking for a solution on this one.

I've cleaned, aligned. Removed and cleaned the print head and still not saticfied with the results. With the number of people that have reported this issue, someone has to have an answer?

Announcements