cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX490 power cycling fix from user on forum SPREAD THE WORD!

jperez739
Contributor

Here is the fix everyone!

Screenshot_20220531-200723_Chrome.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! Yes, a firmware update is available to resolve this issue entirely. You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

martin_roscoe
Apprentice

I had a similar problem with the Maxify MB2350 (constant power cycling and pushing blank paper through). I solved it by switching off my router and then powering on the printer (I had already done a hard reset but not sure if that worked or did anything), it then went through a cycle I switched the router back on and it automatically connected to the wireless network.

bjoyner307
Apprentice

Just adding to the thread...my MX490 went crazy two nights ago.  I run two businesses off this printer and need a real fix ASAP...not some backdoor retyping of the network IP address that will screw up functionality.  Time to go buy a non-Canon printer.

mjwlms
Apprentice

June 2, 2022

Thank you all for the tips.  I was able to get mine to work again by following a combination of the suggested steps from everyone.

Specifically I did this: 1)  unplug the printer 2) unplug your router 3) plug the printer back in and power it on, 4) push the Setup button (the one with the picture of tools on it) , 5) push the arrow button until you get to "Web Service Setup", 6) push "OK" button, 7) push the right arrow until you get to "DNS server setup", 😎 push "OK" , 9) push arrow button until you get to "Manual Setup", 10) push "OK" , 11) screen will say "Pri. Server Address" so type in 192.168.000.000, to assign this IP address , 12) push "ok" and 13) then use the back button that looks like an "undo" icon to get out of the menu, 13) finally, plug the router back in.   Once the router restarted the printer seemed to be out of the reboot loop and I have been able to print using wifi again.  Maybe it was a fluke, but this worked for me.

Good luck!

there is one other setting that needed to be changed.......if you are working ok don't bother.....but if the problem comes back, then go thru it again and after you enter the ip address.....the next step is to change the next setting to NO  

What is that next setting? Because I am not seeing any option being given me for yes or no. I have the MX492.

not sure-maybe secondary server/it came up immediately after i entered the first address.......i also have mx492-- you may have accomplished same thing witih the backup arrow---if you are working now, i would leave it alone........

No, it's not working at all, still doing the recycle thing.

i used 192.168.000.253 for my address.....if you are not working...........go thru it again and try that.........sorry-that's all i know to suggest at this point

The next setting on mine says "on" or "off", so I dont know what to do from here.

off

Announcements