cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX490 power cycling temp fix

jperez739
Contributor

After playing with my MX 490 AIO printer and it's sudden power cycling issue and reading comments on the forum, the quick fix is stopping the printer from internet access. You can either block the printers MAC address from your router or turn of your router then disable the printer from wifi access on the display of the printer. You will be able to us the printer via USB connection to you desktop or laptop.

6 REPLIES 6

ZetaPirate
Contributor

I wonder if this work around will stop the printer from looking for future updates, and thus a potential fix if Canon even bothers.

I think that the printer connects to their server automatically when it's connected to the internet to see if there are any firmware updates. It maybe Canons server that's messing up everyones printer

That seems to be the case. I get an error when I tried the printer firmware update I can't print from my phone either. Okay on PC's. No problem. I'll do a factory reset when (if) Canon fixes the problem. 

not a firmware issue- network error.......see the solution/workaround  that has been posted in here - working for alot of folks while canon gets the issue permanently sorted out

marm
Enthusiast

not sure I understand the problem you are still having.........I did not block the printer''s addresses from anything......I changed the LAN settings to manual.....from auto............and the printer is now connected to my wifi...........and I am printing from all my devices over wifi to use the printer....don't have any usb connections to anything and it is working ok

Can you tell me how to fix this problem. I have a 490 that doing the same thing.

Announcements