cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX490 power cycling fix from user on forum SPREAD THE WORD!

jperez739
Contributor

Here is the fix everyone!

Screenshot_20220531-200723_Chrome.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! Yes, a firmware update is available to resolve this issue entirely. You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

What network info are we supposed to add manually?? What does it mean "configure an IP address"?

Within printer settings I changed to 192.168.000.000 based on someone else's post.  It worked.

See my reply above for full details on how i did it.  Mine is a Pixma MX490

Good luck!

What does it mean, "configure an IP from your internal network that is not in use or another IP that's not a DNS server"?????

But what network info do you enter manually??

This is fine for those who are computer savy but what about the rest of us.  Canon is responsible, Canon should fix it!

Hi Lido... I am not so savvy when it comes to IP addresses. What do you recommend I change it to? 

I changed to 192.168.000.000 based on someone else's post.  It worked.

See my reply above for full details on how i did it.  Mine is a Pixma MX490

Good luck!

yes-you need to change that address.................then it will stop cycling and it will connect to everything fine

anonymous2
Contributor

The only way I can have my computer on is if I turn off my router/modem and have no internet access. It's not enough to simply detach the coaxial cable cord from the printer.

kamakacamarillo
Apprentice

thank you for your post.  I didnʻt understand everything in your post but I understood enough to get it working again.  thank you!!!  so disappointing that no response from Canon thoʻ

Announcements