cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX490 power cycling fix from user on forum SPREAD THE WORD!

jperez739
Contributor

Here is the fix everyone!

Screenshot_20220531-200723_Chrome.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! Yes, a firmware update is available to resolve this issue entirely. You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

yangym
Contributor

Thanks so much for your information about fixing the power cycle problem in MX490.

Canon DNS error, need fixed ASAP.

MX490 power cycling fix from user on forum SPREAD THE WORD!

Here is the fix everyone! Thanks, italolima

This is happening to a user of mine.  Started yesterday, like all the rest.  Not sure I understand how it can be a DNS issue.

David

Sounds like a problem in the firmware.  Manually setting IP address are not good for the average user.  this should be an easy fix for Cannon if they care.  I have had a Epson for 10 years no problems.  My remote users are having a hard time.

Lido1302
Apprentice

When following this proceidure, I found the initial IP address on the printer as 192.168.1.1 This is the router IP address. That would create a recycling problem.

Sorry if this is a naive question, but if you do this fix, is it essentially the same as of you hardwired? I don't have a working computer right now so we print from our phones to the printer, I was under the impression to do this WiFi has to be on? 

You’ll be fine.  I can still print from my phone.  This just stops internet access from functioning properly.  Local Wi-Fi is unaffected.

Thanks! I'll give this a try. 

What do you mean? You cant print something from the internet, correct?

I was able to get my printer working again-- doing essentially what is outlined in the fix shown above...........once the network info was entered manually and the printer came back up and connected to the wifi-things were almost normal.........I was able to print from my cellphone (apple) and my Ipad without having to do anything else to those devices...was just like problem never happened........on two Windows devices ( windows 10 and windows xp) the systems could not see the printer and after trying a few diagnostics, it was easier to simply go to control panel and remove the printer .then reinstall the driver from the canon support site and add the printer back in......no issues .......... so - no it is not like being hard wired once you get the printer straightened out....but depending on your devices you may need to add the printer in again to clear u the network issues that were created.....

hope that is helpful and didn't add any more confusion!  we've had enough for now!!!

Announcements