cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 Error B203

katana
Apprentice

Called Canon Support and they say it's unrepairable but past 1 year so unreplaceable too.  Tried everything including dismantling the printhead assembly to manually clean.  Barely used the printer, 1 or 2 prints a month.  

Anyone have recommendation on non-Canon I can buy to replace for around the same price range?

65 REPLIES 65

keridyer
Apprentice

Not only did it take me 8-12 hours of effort and no wireless printing ever happened, only direct connection, but 2 months after puchasing, I also got this code. What a waste of money and time. I probably printed in total 5 things from it. So lame. 

just got this message today  does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it

I received this error and have spent hours trying to fix this.  What has anyone else tried successfully.

Canon's response was to buy another printer.  This one is only 2 years old.  My last HP lasted 10 years and was still working great when i replaced it.

Same problem. 2 1/2 year old printer and Canon said it is unrepairable.  It should have lasted more than 2 1/2 years. This will be my last Canon purchase.  

outthink
Contributor

My printer is only 2 1/2 years old and I got this error.  Canon's answer is to buy another printer.  Ok. I will go buy another HP as my last HP, that the Canon MG6620 replaced, lasted 10 years.  I held on to the old HP for some unknown reason.  I plugged it in tonight and with the exception of black ink being empty the HP still works.

Goodbye Canon.

Silver
Apprentice

I've got an MG6850 and i had the same error code.

I used to trust Canon but i don't now.

I followed some advice to open the maching then plug in and as the heads moved close the lid after that it worked.

I wonder how long for.

The inks are penomally expensive and difficult to get.

This worked for me also. Found this after calling Canon. Canon also told me it is not fixable.

I had this error also.  Followed your method and it worked for me.  Is your printer still working?  If not, how much longer did it work?

What steps did you follow?  My printer is sitting on the closet floor waiting for our County bulk trash day.

Announcements