cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 Error B203

katana
Apprentice

Called Canon Support and they say it's unrepairable but past 1 year so unreplaceable too.  Tried everything including dismantling the printhead assembly to manually clean.  Barely used the printer, 1 or 2 prints a month.  

Anyone have recommendation on non-Canon I can buy to replace for around the same price range?

65 REPLIES 65

freekflyr
Apprentice

Worked for me: turn off, turn on with lid open, as soon as the cart moved, closed lid. loaded fine. before this happened 1 ink was low, i replaced it, but didn't fix the B203 error. 

freekflyr
Apprentice

fixed this by turning on with lid open then closing as soon as cart moved. loaded fine, printed, and then it bricked. oh well.

Chris2102
Apprentice
Mine is still working after 1 year 🙂

ellishnoo
Apprentice

Its sad that canon dont care about their customers... they make error codes that mean nothing, and dont have any fix... they have error codes when we are meant to replace ink when there is still half the ink in its case.
In regards to this error code, I did what others did by turned off and opened the lid as if I was to replace the inks then turn it on.. when starting up its starts a cleaning cycle  and hey presto it works. What you need to do is side track it lol if this doesn work just turn it off by the plug socket and repeat opening the ink bay... and turn it on. if this dont work,  instead of turning off at mains unplug it from back when its on open the ink bay and plug it back in. Good luck!!!

thotstr
Apprentice

how do you install firmware or driver updates when you can't get past the error?  I replaced all the ink cartridges but that made no difference. I don't think the printer is communicating with the ink carriage, it doesn't move to the center when I lift the lid to access the ink carriage.

Phoebus_Cartel
Apprentice

Struggling with B203 as well. I have a MG7540. It has not worked much in it's entire life...yet its faulty. Cost me a fortune in replacement cartridges even without printing. Safe to say there will never be another CANON product in my workflow - this item is designed to fail - much like the Phoebus Cartel engineered products to be replaced after a set time ...eg less value to customers. Can anyone suggest a 3rd party printer that offers reasonable long term ownership value ?

Announcements