cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half-Fold Greeting Card

DonB
Contributor

I am at my wit's end.  I print out half-fold greeting cards sized 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I have never had a problem in the past but out of the blue, I started to run into a problem where the front & back (as well as the interior right & left) will not print out in their proper postion.  I have included a sample printout in this email but I should mention that the front & back look perfect on the Preview Image.  It's like the image is shifted such that the front & back are moved over to the righthand side on the half-fold paper plus they appear smaller than the proper size.  I have the Canon printer set up for a custom paper size of 4 1/4" wide and 5.50" high.  Half Fold Greeting Card.jpgDoes anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong and how I can correct this behavior?  I am trying to make the problem as clear as I can but it is difficult.  The back of the card (the purple framed photo) should be further to the left than where it is shown.  The demarcation point of the half-fold runs almost through the center of the purple photo.

DonB 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

" I have never had a problem in the past but out of the blue, I started to run into a problem"

This generally means something has changed. If you can figure that out - OS update, software update, selecting incorrect template, new printer, etc. then you can Identify what to fix.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tiffany

Hi DonB,

Welcome to the Canon forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

DonB
Contributor

The 2 Canon printers that I am having the identical issue of not printing out correctly and that I failed to identify are the Canon MX870 and MG6120.  They both behave the same.

This would imply a software issue in your application. What software are you printing from?

Can you post a screenshot of your print dialogue?

You didn't state there were any changes - no software or operating system updates between when it worked and when it doesn't?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Dear JRHoffman75,

Thank you for your 2 replies to my issue.  Yes, I did do a Windows reset on my computer about a week ago.  Apparently this procedure interrupted my half-fold printout.  One printer is an MX870 purchased about 8 years ago and the 2nd printer is an MG6120 purchased about 9 years ago.  I tried running a compatability test on the MX870 with no change in operation.  I am going to call Canon support on Monday and see if they can give me any direction.  If not, I am due for a new printer anyway so I will go ahead and buy one if they can't give me support.  I really dislike their new support system where you have to have a Canon account and the last time I called them, they couldn't find my telephone number.  It's a real drag because before I could just call them or even email them.  Thanks for your help but it looks like the ball is in my court.

Best, DonB

Announcements