cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to clear error code 2110 on TS8120

pwrichcreek
Enthusiast

Underlined text below indicates text that is displayed on the operation screen Italicized text is the action that I take.

Doing a COPY from the operation screen of the TS8120 printer, I get Support code 2110, "The size of the paper loaded in the cassette is different from the print settings. Press OK. "Check whether the paper loaded matches the print settings is loaded." What print settings? I'm copying, not printing. I Press OK. "Replace and print," At that point I open and close the tray and press "Replace and Print." "Load the paper into the cassette." I press Load the paper, it pauses a second, then comes back with the support code 2110.

I've power OFF abd ON the printer. I've restarted the computer. What else can I try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pwrichcreek,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Tap Copy on the display of your PIXMA TS8120.

2.  Tap Standard copy.

3.  Tap Settings.

4.  Please make sure the following are set:

Magnif. - Same Size
Page size - Letter
Type - Plain paper
Paper src - please choose the location where your paper is loaded

5.  Press the Black or Color Start button to perform a copy with your PIXMA TS8120.

For more information, please use the following link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/TS8100%20series/EN/ERR/2110.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pwrichcreek,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Tap Copy on the display of your PIXMA TS8120.

2.  Tap Standard copy.

3.  Tap Settings.

4.  Please make sure the following are set:

Magnif. - Same Size
Page size - Letter
Type - Plain paper
Paper src - please choose the location where your paper is loaded

5.  Press the Black or Color Start button to perform a copy with your PIXMA TS8120.

For more information, please use the following link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/TS8100%20series/EN/ERR/2110.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick's answer solves the problem

I'm writing this now, 8 months after the initial posting, because rhe problem cropped up again, and I had forgotten how to fix it. Ironically, I first went to the Canon printer support page and accessed the virtual assistant, which did not come up with a direct answer but offered a link to the support communit. I searched 2110 here and was (pleasantly) surprised to see the original posting and answer!

The difficulty I had today trying to fix the problem was that I was clumsy using the touch screen. Seemed like no matter how hard i tried, I could get it scroll to exacly where I could select the paper size. It helped to realize that there is a small scroll bar marking the exact spot where to position your fingerSmiley Happy (duh).

Thanks Patrick, Phil.

No.  Did not fix my problem.  I've had nothing but headaches with this Canon printer.  Now it won't print at al.  I've had it 4 months.  Slow to start. Slow to print.  Prints upteen copies of the same document unless it hurry and cancel the queue. Poor documentation.  Poor support.  Moving back to HP.  May try Brothers.  Anything but Canon.

Announcements