Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 stopped scanning from operation panel

Su3
Apprentice

2019-09-23_17-36-41.jpg

Hello,

My MX920 just stopped scanning from the operation panel.  I am using Windows 10.0.183.62.

I am *usually* able to get the scanner to work from the Canon IJ Scan Utility, although it does not always work either.

What happens:

When I press the scan button on the operation panel I see the computer I want to scan to (have unselected, re-selected, etc.) and I press the Start button.  I see the message Processing... Please wait momentarily.  Then the screen reverts back to the regular Scan menu screen without anything happening.  Error messages pop up on my computer Code:2, 157,201 (and/or Code:5, 157,69).

I know the computer and the printer are connected to the wireless because I can successfully send print jobs to the printer and the scan utility (usually) works when intiated from the computer. 

What I have done:

Turned off/restarted everything multiple times.

I have uninstalled the printer and all associated files.  I have reinstalled from the CD that came with the computer (didn't work)  I uninstalled everything again and reinistalled using downloaded files (didn't work).  I uninstalled everything a third time and reinstalled all files while physically connecting laptop to printer with USB cable (didn't work).

I have opened MS Paint and File --> From Scanner or Camera is grayed out.

Thank you for any help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Su3,

That error appears when the scanner driver is being blocked and can't communicate correctly. This can be caused by a security program, firewall or by a program on the computer that is just interfering with the scanner driver. Since you have removed the software and reinstalled it and that did not resolve the issue, I recommend contacting Microsoft. They will be able to troubleshoot your computer to see what is blocking the scanner driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Su3
Apprentice

After Arthur J helped me know where to look, I found this:

<linked removed per forum guidelines>

Restarting the Printer Spooler worked!  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Su3,

That error appears when the scanner driver is being blocked and can't communicate correctly. This can be caused by a security program, firewall or by a program on the computer that is just interfering with the scanner driver. Since you have removed the software and reinstalled it and that did not resolve the issue, I recommend contacting Microsoft. They will be able to troubleshoot your computer to see what is blocking the scanner driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks very much for the response.

Su3
Apprentice

After Arthur J helped me know where to look, I found this:

<linked removed per forum guidelines>

Restarting the Printer Spooler worked!  Thanks again.

Su3
Apprentice

Nope, clearing & stopping/restarting printer spool worked one time and now I am getting the same error.  Does anyone have any other ideas for solutions?  Thank you in advance!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did you ever get a solution that worked?

Announcements