cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G6020 Printer won't allow black ink to fill

ksheppard
Apprentice

My printer will not print black anymore.  I cannot tell how full the reservoir is and the black ink will not dispense into the reservoir.  I've tried the ink flush and the cleaning and still black will not print.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

When you go to fill the ink tanks, does the ink spill over instead of going into the tank? Does any kind of error message appear on your printer? 

We look forward to your reply. 

My G7020 ran out of black ink.  When I try to refill the empty tank, the ink will not drop down from the bottle to the tank.  Using a pin, I found no obstruction.  Is there some kind of air lock?  What to do?

Hi,

Please make sure you are using the steps HERE to refill the ink. If the ink still wont pout into the tank, the printer may require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No error message for me with same issue.  Can I assume from your response above  that my printer is  beyond repair?

Announcements