cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(In)compatibility of EOS Utility with MacOS Ventura

Stefan1
Contributor

I updated last night to MacOS Ventura. Unfortunately, the EOS Utility does not seem to be compatible with the latest version of MacOS. Because of this, I cannot connect with my Canon EOS R6. This is quite disastrous for me, since I use my R6 amongst others as a webcam. Why? In my profession and role, presentation matters a lot. 

When will this be resolved? Why is Canon seemingly incapable of keeping their software up-to-date?

De facto, the almost brand-new camera is now not useable anymore.

94 REPLIES 94

@SteveStone wrote:

Hi, this is the version that solved my issue on an intel based iMac, with an R7. Why its a seemingly "older" version I not sure, and why on the Japan site, but it did fix mine.

https://canon.jp/support/software/os/select/dc/EU-Installset-M31613dmg

Yes. 13.16.1 is the latest version. It is available also on the US support site under macOS 12. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Indeed the 13.16.13 solves the problem bit surprised its not available on the US site but so long as it works....

R5, 6Dmkii, 5dmarkiv, and others

Thats why I did not see it, I was looking under macOS13

Did not work with the Japanese or the Hongkong version. I will continue to use  my $44 fire tablet that I modified with google play. Beats the Mac version and is easier to carry around. For photo stacking for astro and macro I may consider building a Raspberry PI interface so I can also control the rail.

I just installed that version and it fixed the issue for me, make sure you are not sill using the old version (I had to replace my links to start the newer version)

WOW thank you so much SteveStone that indeed solved the problem, I am a bit mystified over why this is not available on the canon usa site but really glad it worked.

Available on the US site under macOS 12.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

vtwinc123
Apprentice

There may be a canon hardware issue as well. My 77D and r6 worked before Ventura upgrade, the R6 only work through USB-C. Very slow connection. 

interesting my USB-C connection is blazing fast, perhaps reformatting your memory card would help

ianzakharov
Contributor

I had this issue, solved downloading EOS Utility form Canon Japan (not Europe, not USA)

Announcements