cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-1D X Mark III USB-C port is not functioning properly

ionelg
Apprentice

The USB-C port is not functioning properly on my EOS-1D X Mark III body. I tried to connect with the original Canon USB-C cable and also tested another vendor USB-C cable. Those cables work fine with other USB-C devices. That is the pop-up message every time I connect the USB-C cable:
EOS Utility 3.jpgError message.jpg

The USB-C port on the EOS-1D X Mark III body works erratically. Sometimes it connects with the EOS Utility 3, but very rarely.

My EOS-1D X Mark III body runs firmware version 1.9.0. My MacOS is Ventura 13.6.9 and I run the EOS Utility 3 version 3.18.5 for macOS.

My EOS-1D X Mark III body is still under warranty. Please advise before I contact Canon support directly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ionelg,

Well, since you can connect to your Lenova, you know that it's not the camera port.

Do you have any other apps on your Mac that are connecting, or capable of connecting to the camera?

If so, you'll want to turn those off or disable them.

I have very good luck turning on the EOS Utility first, and then when it gets loaded, then turning on my camera.

Steve Thomas

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you test on another system?  MAC or PC is fine.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you Rick,

I connected the camera body to my Lenovo laptop and indeed the camera is detected properly on its USB-C port.

I suppose it's an issue with my iMac and the EOS Utility 3 configuration. I still have to contact Canon support.

Please, do you have any other ideas?

Kind regards.

ionelg,

Well, since you can connect to your Lenova, you know that it's not the camera port.

Do you have any other apps on your Mac that are connecting, or capable of connecting to the camera?

If so, you'll want to turn those off or disable them.

I have very good luck turning on the EOS Utility first, and then when it gets loaded, then turning on my camera.

Steve Thomas

ionelg
Apprentice

Thank you Steve,

It got fixed. I connected the camera as you suggested first. Then opened the EOS Utility and this message popped-up:

Image 04.09.2024 at 17.55.jpg

I disabled those two services at the top of the list in Privacy & Security in Settings:

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 18.01.01.jpeg

And the EOS Utility works fine.

I had no idea about those two services connecting with the camera. So much for plug'n play in Services.

Thanks and I appreciate your suggestion.

Announcements