cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Lens Registration Tool does not activate

smbjerke
Contributor

Just installed DDP4 (4.18) and the companion EOS Lens Registration Tool on a new Mac mini M2 Pro.  The strange thing is that when I try to enable it via the Tool palette, I only get a partial list of lenses. When I try to add & save, the progress box finally says Finished, but the actual progress bar has moved just a bit. And then Digital Lens Otimizer option is greyed out... and does not work.

Anyone come across something similar ?

For the record, I have alllowed "Full disk access" to both DPP4 and LRT. One thing I also noticed, is that the installation process did not create a folder for the lens profiles under Shared user. This is what the process did when I (long time ago) intalled DPP + LRT on a MacBook Pro M1.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I just installed DPP 4.18.0 on a new Windows 11 system.  I noted similar behavior the first time I ran the registration tool.  However, I ran the application from it's .exe and not from the Tools Menu.  Either should work, but try closing DPP and launching the Lens Registration Tool on its own.  I don't have a Mac with me currently, but am sure you can use Finder > Applications > to locate it.  

I'm on a ship and Internet is spotty. I had to run the tool 2-3 times to get all of my lenses added.  The first time the tool ran, I got about 11 lens options.  I had all of the filter boxes checked.  

I ran it again and this time the progress bar added another 20 lenses, and TC's 1.4x, 2.0x, etc.  This time the local database was saved and 'Lens Data Available" in DPP worked.  

I don't believe anything is wrong with the software. I think it was my internet connection.  Give it a try and let us know what happens.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

smbjerke
Contributor

Hi,

I have a superfast and stable internet, so, at least in my case, somehow the software is faulty or the configuration corrupt. 

- Sjur

Anonymous
Not applicable

As shadowsports recommended, have you run the Canon Lens Registration Tool from your programs list and not from DPP? The lens registration tool is installed as part of the Canon Utilities.

Thanks 5DIV, but I have tried both with same result. 

One, perhaps unrelated, issue, is that when I run the tool onitrs own it very often complains "Can't reconize camera" and then it aborts. I then take a tour of all programs that possibly could make a conection with the camera, notably Photos, and terminate those. That sometimes hels, but not always... 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A few hours after posting this I got that same error.  "Can't recognize camera".  DPP was open. the camera was connected and powered on.  I don't recall what I was doing exactly so I'll have to see if I can reproduce it.  I wasn't using my camera's Canon cable to connect to my PC, I was using a data / charging cable for my pixel.  I thought it might be related to that. However, I used that cable the entire trip.  I had 3 cables with me.  I took over a thousand pictures.  A few of them did not contain lens registration data. I have no idea.  I'm going to re-download them tomorrow and others.  I won't use my card reader and will let you know if the error message happens again.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements