cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to update firmware on my 5D Mk IV

JulCus
Contributor

I'm in a quandary and would appreciate your advice.  I've written on here already recently about some issues with my 5D Mk IV, which have been resolved,  Now I would like to update to the latest firmware.  The problem is that I have updated to Sonoma 14 on my MacBook, and when I tried to find the latest firmware on the Canon website, it wasn't listed...then I discovered that the download for the firmware is available for Ventura 13 but not for Sonoma 14.  

On the Canon 5DMkIV site, when I plug in my operating system and version, the software download listed is:  "File NameEOS Utility 3.18.5 for macOS" but the latest firmware isn't there (though there are some other downloads listed too--ones I don't know anything about).  I have no idea what is involved in trying to figure out how I would go back to a prior version of my operating system, but it seems like it would be difficult--   What would happen if I tried to download the Ventura version of the firmware even though I have updated to Sonoma?  I don't want to mess up the software on my camera.  Any suggestions?   Thank you in advance for your assistance--

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

normadel
Authority
Authority

The OS version you have has nothing to do with the camera firmware. The firmware is not OS-dependent. It doesn't matter what OS the firmware is listed under. Just use the firmware version 14.0 .dmg file you see.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

The OS version you have has nothing to do with the camera firmware. The firmware is not OS-dependent. It doesn't matter what OS the firmware is listed under. Just use the firmware version 14.0 .dmg file you see.

Thank you for your help, normadel.  I have successfully updated the firmware.  

You're welcome!

Announcements