cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility & DPP universal installer quit unexpectedly error on Mac OS Ventura 13.x

RandoRichard
Contributor

Trying to download the EOS Utility for a new camera (90D) and aoso update Digital Photo Professional for an iMac. I can download the DMG file but when I attempt to open it I get this error message "universal installer quit unexpectedly." Using Terminal to mount it didn't help. Using 3rd party DMG opening apps also didn't work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RandoRichard
Contributor

I did find the UnversalInstaller and enabled that on my iMac. But no change. I called Canon and they said Ventura OS is very new and Canon Apps are having big issues with it, but recommended I use a mobile device for now until they solve the bugs with Ventura. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are the necessary permissions set in the Privacy and Security section?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I believe so. See attached. The last one is when I click on the DMG file in question and hit Command - I.

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 8.21.50 AM.pngPrivacy Security 2.pngDMG Info.png

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are Full Disk Access and Files and Folders also authorized?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

RandoRichard
Contributor

The Installer was not authorized, so I enabled and restarted my computer. No change. The last screenshot is the error message I am getting. 
Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 9.20.42 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-07 at 9.21.15 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-07 at 9.23.32 AM.png

Here is what my computer shows:

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 11.35.44 AM.png

I do see that Installer app listed, but it is unchecked on my computer.

Maybe select the "+" button and see if UniversalInstaller shows up.

If that fails you could give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

RandoRichard
Contributor

I did find the UnversalInstaller and enabled that on my iMac. But no change. I called Canon and they said Ventura OS is very new and Canon Apps are having big issues with it, but recommended I use a mobile device for now until they solve the bugs with Ventura. 

I am having no trouble with DPP or EOS Utility on my MacBook Air M2 with Ventura, but that is perhaps because I had them installed with macOS 12.m (but I have installed updates with Ventura installed). 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I am also having no issues with DPP, but like you, I had it previously installed. I cannot update it however. 
Thanks for your help. 

sgedgington
Apprentice

I am having the same issue with the installers on MacOS.

Announcements