cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility won't install

creativere
Apprentice

I have a new MAC, M2 chip with 24GB Ram memory, running Sonoma 14.5 OS. I recently purchased an EOS R100 to start learning about photography. I am not able to install the EOS Utility 3.18.5, the installer just seems to cavitate at the "preparing to install". I have tried re-downloading more than a few times and attempted to install again. Same thing. I even tried older versions of the software. No luck. I was able to install the Picture Style Editor, Digital Photo Professional 4 with no issue. Just unable to install the utility. Ive tried with every application closed, and also logged into the Cannon website. Frustrated, want to view the photos on my MAC. Can anyone offer advice or help with this issue? Thx

8 REPLIES 8

Stephen

At that point of the installation, a popup from macOS asks for your password to approve the software installation. It may have popped up under the application window. Try moving the app window around to see if you can see the password request. Here is a screenshot of mine:

Stephen_0-1722180363359.png

Yes, the password window pops up and I enter my password, click ok, the window disappears, and I'm back to "preparing to install". I will stay like that for an hour or more not actually installing until I force close.

If I were you, I'd trash the file you have and re-download it from HERE.

Then, move the download to your desktop & install it from there.

I should have confirmed - after you do that, it installs perfectly (PS, I'm on macOS 15 developer beta as well)

Stephen_1-1722180601836.png

Stephen_2-1722180636586.png

creativere
Apprentice

Sorry, no help, I'm still stuck at preparing to install after I enter my password

creativere
Apprentice

I read in another forum to create a admin user account, log out of your Mac account on your laptop, log into the new admin account and try the install again, and it worked. I then logged out of the admin account and logged in with my original setup user account, deleted the admin account I created, and software still works. 

juliawhites
Apprentice

It sounds frustrating! Try reaching out to Canon support for compatibility advice or consider using a card reader to transfer your photos directly to your Mac.

I read in another forum to create a admin user account, log out of your Mac account on your laptop, log into the new admin account and try the install again, and it worked. I then logged out of the admin account and logged in with my original setup user account, deleted the admin account I created, and software still works. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements