cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artifacting from DPP When Converting Images from My EOS R7

thekingprawn114
Contributor

I am getting a lot of artifacting and missing data when I use DPP to convert to JPG. I never saw this with my SL2, but it's all over my R7 regardless of what lens. Anyone have thoughts? I can't find the artifacts in the RAW files, only the converted files. Below is a zoomed in screenshot of the missing dots.

Screenshot (79).png

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

That does not look good.  What version of DPP are you running?  

Does it show up in JPGs from the camera when you shoot RAW + JPG?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

thekingprawn114
Contributor

I'm running 4.16.11 version. I haven't shot any JPGs in camera. I'll have to shoot some and see. After digging a little deeper into some of the RAW files I see some evidence of artifacts there as well, less, but some. I'll see what I can get out of camera for JPG and report back. 

Can you post a RAW file in a sharing platform like Dropbox or One Drive?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Here's the first photo I saw the problem in. Here's the bad converted file. Good file converted on my desktop.

@thekingprawn114 wrote:

Here's the first photo I saw the problem in. Here's the bad converted file. Good file converted on my desktop.

Thanks for making those shots available. I exported it from DPP 4 and zoomed into the problem area. It looks clean. BTW, nice shot.

Newton

From Forum 4K3A0771-1aa.jpg

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Unintended tail lights provided the nice lighting on the trees. I was mad until I saw the results. 

thekingprawn114
Contributor

I have zero data how this is actually the problem, but somehow my laptop is inducing these artifacts. I am using 4.16.10 on my desktop, but I reconverted the same raw image and here is the screenshot of that conversion. I suppose this means no more lazy couch editing for me.

Screenshot (303).png

Announcements