cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lide220 resolution shown not correct

YumYum
Apprentice

So ive gotten a few scans from someone who uses a Lide220 scanner.  The ppi of the image reads 4800, but the scan im told is 2400.  The user says its a software bug in the scanner software.  How I suppose to see the correct resolution?  Attached is the image of the stamp which im told is 2400ppi but reads 4800....  What he says and what Previews shows as 4800.

Image thats shows 4800 but is suppose to be 2400Image thats shows 4800 but is suppose to be 2400What user says....What user says....What Preview in Mac shows as 4800What Preview in Mac shows as 4800

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

The off-by-a-factor-of-two could be due to the user using a Mac with a Retina display.   And, the software in play here is not accouting for that scale factor (@2x).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi, 

So we can best assist you, please let us know what program is being used to scan the images. Also, they mentioned a software bug? Did they provide you with more information about the software issue? 

If you would like to speak to someone in real time to resolve this issue,  I recommend reaching out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

So its not my product so I cant get help.  I tried yesterday.  I called Canon 3 times - getting a human to talk to was virtually impossible.  The 1st time they just threw me back into the queue- 35 minutes wasted.  The 2nd time I was told I was in the wrong Dept even though I was not and I got thrown back into the queue. 1 gave up the 3rd time after holding 25 more minutes.

from the user:  "Two other users of Canon flatbeds do not have this problem so I've delved further. I've cleared the Canon as the culprit, now shown categorically it's a problem with PS Elements 5 that I use to drive the scanner, linked to a stand alone workstation used for philatelic study."

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

The off-by-a-factor-of-two could be due to the user using a Mac with a Retina display.   And, the software in play here is not accouting for that scale factor (@2x).

--
Ricky

Tks. im not 100% sure, but pretty sure its on a pc...

The screenshot in the original post shows a More Info window with macOS window controls (red and green dots in the upper left corner).

--
Ricky

Thats from me - Im the one he was sending the file to.  I'm on a Mac Book Pro2019 Retina display.  Is it my settings?  All other images I get from other display the correct info.

Announcements