cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access maximum resolution capability of Canoscan 700F?

letkin
Apprentice

I bought a used Canoscan 700F to replace an older Canoscan. I downloaded and installed "current " driver and MP Navigator software and unit appears top work, BUT I cannot acess the specified 4800 x 4800 maximum print material resolution. Scanner driver only goes up to 1200 dpi. Navigator only reaches 600 dpi. I sometimes need to manipulate images at very high resolutions, and a higher dpi starting scan would obviously be useful. My system is 64-bit Widows 10 desktop, with an i7-9700KF cpu and 16GB RAM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi letkin,

The drop down only goes up to 1200, but you can type in the value that you wish to scan with into that box.

You may enter a value within the range of 25 dpi to 19200 dpi (in 1 dpi increments) into the Output Resolution box.

mp052.gif

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi letkin,

I recommend using the Resolution Setting of ScanGear. Please click HERE for more information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Scangear's output dialog box only lets me go up to 1200 dpi for print materials (presumably 1200 x 1200), whereas the native resolution for the 700F is supposedly 4800 x 4800 dpi for print material.

Hi letkin,

The drop down only goes up to 1200, but you can type in the value that you wish to scan with into that box.

You may enter a value within the range of 25 dpi to 19200 dpi (in 1 dpi increments) into the Output Resolution box.

mp052.gif

Announcements