cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR-G2110 pausing while scanning

Thepain
Contributor

The scanner will scan four to eight pages, pause for 10 to 20 seconds, scan four to eight pages, pause for 10 to 20 seconds, rinse and repeat until the entire stack is scanned. Tried turning the scanner on and off and cleaning it out. I doubt the thing is overheating since it will do it even after not being used for 15+ hours. It does scan a multitude (I'm not sure of the exact number, but could be close to 1,000 a day) of paperwork five days a week, but it's less than two years old.

Anybody know of any fixes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thepain
Contributor

I finally was able to Google the right question to find my answer. I had to lower the DPI. Once I did that, it speed back up and works great again.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Try removing the scanner from your computer and then after restarting your computer, reinstall the scanner driver from the Canon website. 

Once the scanner is reinstalled, start scanning a stack of papers. Let us know if that same issue happens again. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thepain
Contributor

After uninstalling and reinstalling the scanner, it continues to do the same issue. The driver I downloaded from Canon's website wouldn't work so I had to go find it somewhere else, I kept getting an initialization error or something. I updated the firmware as well prior to scanning a stack of paper.

Hi,

What operating system is your computer running? 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thepain
Contributor

It is Windows 10 Enterprise, 64 bit.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

"Didn't work had to go find them elsewhere".  When it comes to drivers, its recommended that you download from the Canon support portal.  Drivers procured elsewhere may not be authentic or safe.

Canon Support for imageFORMULA DR-G2110 Production Document Scanner | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

The behavior you are describing could be completely normal.  The document scanner has a buffer and when it gets full, it has to write the data to your PC before scanning can resume.  The types of documents being scanned might affect this.  Text may or may not cause this behavior.  It usually depends on the type of document and number of pages.  A slower computer can also contribute to the time it takes to scan and capture.  Your computer doesn't unlimited resources either, so it too can contribute to this type of behavior.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Personally I always prefer to get drivers/firmware/etc. from the manufacturer, but I didn't have an option to wait for Canon to provide corrected drivers.

I don't remember the exact issue why the drivers didn't work (it was 10 days ago that I dealt with it), but I hope that Canon reviews the drivers and makes any necessary corrections so the next person isn't forced to go elsewhere for them.

This scanning issue recently happened (started sometime between Dec 2022 and Jan 2023), previously it never had this delay during scanning. The only time it would pause prior to this issue was when the feeder was empty and a prompt would show asking if there was more or not.

Thepain
Contributor

It appears that this is an unsolvable issue. Such a shame. At least I learned to avoid Canon products and to let others know to avoid Canon as well if they ask for my opinion.

Hi,

It is recommended that you call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-800-423-2366 Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

With how poor of customer service I have experienced thus far, I doubt I'll call. You went completely silent after asking me what the OS is on Feb 20 and didn't respond to the private message I sent on Mar 27. I can understand if something happened that prevented you from doing your job, but then a supervisor or manager should have delegated your work onto someone else. Either way, if this is how customer service is handled at Canon, then I am glad I was able to discover this early on.

Announcements