cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LiDE 210 error message 2.179.12 - OS Catalina 10.15.7

catrionawb
Contributor

I have been using my LiDE 210 scanner with my Mac for quite a few years without any problems, but recently, it has started to display the error message 2.179.12 when I click 'Scan'. For a while, disconnecting then reconnecting the cable worked, but it's been requiring this to be done multiple times for the past few weeks before it would scan anything.

Now doing this has stopped resolving the problem altogether and it just refuses to scan at all. I've tried downloading a new driver and reinstalling the Navigator app (with all the requisite restarts), but to no avail.

I'm running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7.

Is there anything I can do, or has my scanner scanned its last?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm on Windows 10/64... Having the same issue [Error Code 2, 179, 12] that happened as a result of an unrelated Windows glitch. I followed all the solutions multiple times in as many ways possible - multiple times. Purchasing a new scanner is really not an option for me and I find that to be a lousy sales pitch. Anyways I found the solution and it's most unexpected!!!... I switched to a different USB port.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please remove the scanner from the computer and disconnect the usb cord. Once that is done restart your computer and after that, click HERE to open the scanner's support page. 

When the page opens, make sure your operating system is selected and download/install the ICA Driver Ver.4.1.4a and LiDE 210 Scanner Driver Ver.18.2.0. Make sure the scanner is still disconnected when both files are installed. 

Once both drivers are fully installed, add the scanner back to your computer and open MP Navigator to try and scan. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

catrionawb
Contributor

Thanks for the reply ... before I try this, could you please confirm if I need to remove the MP Navigator files too? Last time I tried uninstalling the scanner, I removed this files, but had to replace them, as the files I downloaded didn't replace them. I'm not entirely sure which scanner files I need to remove, as quite a few come up when I search for 'Canon'.

Hi,

You can leave MP Navigator installed. The file name for this program is called mnve_4_0-mac-all-4_0_7-ea8_2.dmg.  If that files was removed, you can install it from the same site that has the drivers. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

catrionawb
Contributor

Thanks for the prompt answer. I've already reinstalled MP Navigator, so I can probably leave that one, but it would be helpful to know which files I need to trash to uninstall the scanner ...

Hi,

The two driver files are as follows:  msd_-mac-lide210-18_2_0-ea8_2.dmg  and misd-mac-ijscanner2-4_1_4-ea21_3.dmg

Once those are removed, follow the steps from earlier to try and reinstall the scanner. 

catrionawb
Contributor

Thanks for all your help ... but unfortunately, even after following all these steps, I'm still experiencing the same error message and the scanner just won't scan. 😕

Hi,

If the USB cord was connected when you removed and reinstalled the scanner, try disconnecting the scanner and then use the previous steps to remove and reinstall the driver and software. 

Once the files have been reinstalled, then reconnect the scanner usb cord and add it back to your computer. 

If the issue persists, the scanner would need to be replaced. 

If the scanner is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

catrionawb
Contributor

Thanks, Arthur

The scanner was disconnected when I did the driver reinstall, so it sounds like I need to get a new scanner. It has done pretty good service!

I live in the UK, and the numbers you have given are US numbers. Is this offer available in the UK? If so, how would I go about taking advantage of it?

Many thanks!

I'm on Windows 10/64... Having the same issue [Error Code 2, 179, 12] that happened as a result of an unrelated Windows glitch. I followed all the solutions multiple times in as many ways possible - multiple times. Purchasing a new scanner is really not an option for me and I find that to be a lousy sales pitch. Anyways I found the solution and it's most unexpected!!!... I switched to a different USB port.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements