cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5C Prefix for File Names Changed in Camera are Different When Importing in Light Room Classic

Cleve
Contributor

Hi everyone. I am still coming up to speed on my R5C that I purchased two weeks ago. I searched the existing posts but did not see one that addressed this. I changed the file name prefix in the camera (Setting 1) to "IR5C" from the default "IMG_". However when I import into Light Room, the prefix appears as "untitled-".  Is the name change carried in the metadata. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cleve,

The new filename, once setup properly in the camera settings, will show/carry in the metadata. I would suggest trying to view your images in our Digital Photo Professional software to verify that it has been setup properly and being saved properly to your files. You can download that software HERE. Some third-party programs don't always pick up on things such as this without an update. 

View solution in original post

Cleve
Contributor

Thank you for your response. I downloaded the Digital Professional software.  Then I took additional photos and read the RAW files. To my pleasant surprise the file name prefixes are as I set them in the camera. I imported them into Lightroom Classic and the correct prefixes were carried over into Lightroom. So you are correct the file name changed prefix is carried over in the meta data. I don't know why the prefixes did not carry over before. But it works now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cleve,

The new filename, once setup properly in the camera settings, will show/carry in the metadata. I would suggest trying to view your images in our Digital Photo Professional software to verify that it has been setup properly and being saved properly to your files. You can download that software HERE. Some third-party programs don't always pick up on things such as this without an update. 

Cleve
Contributor

Thank you for your response. I downloaded the Digital Professional software.  Then I took additional photos and read the RAW files. To my pleasant surprise the file name prefixes are as I set them in the camera. I imported them into Lightroom Classic and the correct prefixes were carried over into Lightroom. So you are correct the file name changed prefix is carried over in the meta data. I don't know why the prefixes did not carry over before. But it works now.

Announcements