cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C300mk3/C70 Clip File Names Troubleshooting

RonaldFluxtown
Apprentice

Hello all,

Forgive me if this is complete user error or lack of understanding of the system, but am having an issue when renaming metadata clip names in the camera

When I do ingest/proxy through Premiere's Media Browser, it will name the footage folder based on the metadata. Ex: CANONA051XXXX. I would prefer if, in place of "CANON", it would read C3003A051XXXX. (These are random volume/clip numbers to illustrate the issue). The goal is to have the folder name that is generated by Premiere's ingest to match the camera model, so we can differentiate cameras more easily in Finder/Explorer.

The simple (but annoying) fix is to rename the finder folder after the footage transfer, but then requires a re-link of all imported footage. I would prefer if the computer would recognize the user-defined tag in the metadata, so when I automate my ingest/proxy, the folder will be created autonomously with the desired user-defined-name set by the camera. 

I have changed the [User Defined] settings to "C3003" in place of the existing "CANON". However, when I load the footage onto the computer, the folder still shows up as "CANONA051XXXX" instead of "C3003A051XXXX" 

What am I doing wrong? Is this even possible with this function?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RonaldFluxtown
Apprentice

So, I have created a work around. And maybe it's a better way? I guess the "user-defined" volume only shows on clip names, not in OS on mounted volumes. 

I renamed the camera index on the C70 camera to "B", and left the C300mk3 index at "A".

So, now my media browser ingest will create footage folders as such:

CanonAXXXCXXX_yymmdd

CanonBXXXCXXX_yymmdd

It is easy enough to differentiate between the two cameras. Perhaps the easiest way for my goals.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RonaldFluxtown
Apprentice

So, I have created a work around. And maybe it's a better way? I guess the "user-defined" volume only shows on clip names, not in OS on mounted volumes. 

I renamed the camera index on the C70 camera to "B", and left the C300mk3 index at "A".

So, now my media browser ingest will create footage folders as such:

CanonAXXXCXXX_yymmdd

CanonBXXXCXXX_yymmdd

It is easy enough to differentiate between the two cameras. Perhaps the easiest way for my goals.

Announcements