cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma 9000 ll inactivity without ink clogging printhead?

farmey
Apprentice

I will sometimes travel for up to 3 months without using my printer. What can be done, if anything, to prevent the ink from clogging the print head?

Should I remove the ink tanks & tape the vents? What about the print head?

TIA

Forrest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi Farmey,

The main thing you want to do to make sure that the print head is capped is to turn the printer off via the power button before unplugging it from the power outlet.  If you unplug the power without turning it off first, the print head remains uncapped which can speed up the process of wear and tear on the print head.  It is also recommended to take out the inks and store them in an airtight container like a Ziploc bag.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi Farmey,

The main thing you want to do to make sure that the print head is capped is to turn the printer off via the power button before unplugging it from the power outlet.  If you unplug the power without turning it off first, the print head remains uncapped which can speed up the process of wear and tear on the print head.  It is also recommended to take out the inks and store them in an airtight container like a Ziploc bag.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements