cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 1000 Print head error, but printhead works and is installed

Herminy
Apprentice

I am having a repeated issue in the last few weeks where I get error 140B, “printhead not installed” even though my printer has a working printhead installed. I have carefully pulled out and reinstalled the printhead to no avail. I have shut down the printer and unplugged it and pressed the start button to reset it. This has worked a couple of times, but the printer wastes a lot of ink “refilling” the existing printhead and I only get a few prints before the error comes up again. The prints are fine, there does not seem to be an issue with clogging or anything. It seems to me that a connection somewhere is not being made and the printer thinks there’s no printhead until I do these things to try to get it going again, and as I said I only get 1-2 prints out of it before it dies again. A couple of times I just unplugged it and left it unplugged overnight and when I plugged it back in and turned it on and worked fine for a couple of prints until the error came up again. This is why I think the printhead itself is functioning fine.

I do not want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a new printhead only to find out that it’s not an issue with the printhead, but rather with the printer. Is there a way to take the printhead out and clean contacts or the printhead itself to make it work properly?! Help! I rely on this printer for my business! I have hundreds of dollars in spare ink cartridges that would not work in any other printer. It is past the 1 year warranty. I love this printer when it works properly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Just some general comments which may or may not apply in your situation.  Printheads have a useable life.  Frequency of use is probably the biggest factor.  I don't know how old your printer is or how often it gets used.  

What I would do next is contact Canon.  Register the Device in MyCanon to see your support options and contact support.  They can probably assist you ruling out the source of the problem and what steps to take next.

MyCanon

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements