cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to disable color management of the pixma pro 100 under mac ios Sierra

ninhnguyen2017
Apprentice

Hi,

I need help on how to disable color management of the pixma pro 100 for mac ios Sierra. I've been reading from this forum but have not found the answer yet.

If you know how, please walk me throug.

Thanks in advance,

Ninh

38 REPLIES 38

I only see the 16.20.0.0

That explanation got me to re-install the printer using the correct driver...  which was great..   but then I got the magenta cast.. 

I then tried various things from this forum.. following the idea of letting Lightroom / photoshop manage colour.. trying various profiles.. all with the magenta.

I tried assigning a colour profile in Photoshop that matched to see what would happen and it was ghastly (Using Canon-Pro 100s <GD> Other Glossy Paper).. I then tried adjusting the colour on screen until it looked kind of ok again like it should printed.. then did a test print and the magenta was still there. 

The only thing that seemed to return it to normal was actually going into Lightroom and Selecting : Colour Management > Managed by Printer.

It's still printing a fraction washed out but at least it looks vaguely normal. 

I really wish there was some straightforward way to set this up.. i've wasted hours on this and it's still not as good as it should be.. and I dont feel like I understand it any better.

[Using Mac OS (latest OS) / Canon PRO-100s / Kodak Premium photo paper 240gsm 4x6"]

I wish I was able to see the pics as I am having the same problem.  Wondering if you could share?

If you want to turn off color management you would select Color Sync in the Color Matching dropdown. Many software programs do that automatically if you select an ICC profile.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 7.20.15 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-06 at 7.20.37 AM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi there,

Sorry to bother you as I know your post is almost two years old, but I'm having EXACTLY the same problem you were:  getting heavy magenta tint and incorrect colors when using paper profiles with Lightroom and my Canon Pro-100. If you have a moment to answer me, did you ever fix this issue? I'd love to be able to use my paper profiles but they come out with such terrible colors and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks so much for any help.

Best,

Karl

Hi Karl. I will try and help.

1. If you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners do you have the Canon IJ Series version of your printer (or do you see AirPrint?)

Monosnap 2019-12-13 04-53-15.jpg

2. When you go to the Printer dialogue in Lightroom do you get this:

Print 2019-12-13 04-52-03.jpg

See that the options are greyed out (can't be selected) and ColorSync is automatically chosen? That turns off printer color management.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes - this is exactly what one sees when printing from Photoshop

But when printing from Lightroom or Indesign, these options are all selectable

So it seems that Adobe's apps are behaving differently with this driver?

(I am using driver 16.40.0.0)

Correction - sorry

When choosing Lightroom to colour manage, the options become unselectable (ie disabled) which is as it should be

But when choosing "Let Indesign colour manage", the options remain selectable

So it's Indesign behaving differently to Photoshop / Lightroom

@

THAT was a super helpful point!! Thank you. I had 'AirPrint' not IJ series this whole time and was going mad trying to work out how to start getting my settings straight. 

Now I just need to work out how to colour manage sync Photoshop/Lightrooom with my Pixma Pro 100s - without spending hundreds on hardware monitor calibration.. close enough is good enough for me... BUT I do still get a slightly hazy desaturated print compared to the screen. 

EDIT: I spoke too soon. The first couple of prints seemed fine as above.. then I started to lose detail and highlights were blowing out on skin tones and people were getting a real oversaturated pink /orange glow.. I tried swapping between Printer Managed and Not - and nothing I did changed it. 

I tried playing with lots of settings (burning through appear and ink) and I can't work out what's going on. Why am I getting these weird effects? It's either lobster skin (using one preset - Platinum I think) to overcharged skin tones and detail loss using others).
I then tried to use ProPhoto RGB - just to see if screen presets got me anywhere - only to get a completely different problem! (like the film '300') a sort of low saturation, bronze look..

I could really use some guidance on this.. 😕

I used to just print straight from Apple Aperture and never had any problems (other than the very slight washed out look) which now I would happily get back.

Hi SpiceWeasel76..

1. see my response I just posted on the ICC Profile thread.

2. why are you selecting varios profiles - are you changing the paper type?

3. ProPhotoRGB is not a profile for printing.

4. What paper are you trying to print on?

5. Just for a problem check, print a Nozzle Check and see what the results are.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements