cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bought pixma pro-100 yeterday, gives paper jam err when no paper has been through it

pelha
Apprentice

i bought a pixma pro-100 yesterday from someone local who got it with his camera nearly 3 years ago. it was still in its box, packing materials untouched. after finding & installing newest driver, i tried to align print head. got 'paper jam' error. there has never been any paper through it.  i can't find any evidence of remaining packing materials, used a flashlight to check out both paper trays, middle, front. what is this machine's problem? how do i go about finding it?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try powering off and disconnect power supply. Let it sit for about 30 minutes. Plug back in and turn on. Don't try printing, but open the front lid where the inks are and see if the print head moves to the center. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

after plugging in (was off for about 3 hours) and turning on, the yellow light starts blinking the 3 pattern -- and on opening the lid the print head does NOT move to the center.

thanks,

charlotte

Try this and then let me know:

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

john, there has never been any paper in the printer, so there has been no paper to jam or remove. and there is no print job to resume, since none has ever started.

the "front" tray suppurt (called "rear" in the documentation) is indeed open. the feed slot cover is closed (i have tried doing the reset button push in all possible permutations.) the yellow light continues to blink 3x.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements