cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prograf Pro-300

cpding
Contributor

My first post was probably too long, so I apologize. I will simplify my question:

What is the process for updating the list of paper types inside of the Pro-300 printer menu using the Media Configuration Tool?

Even the Canon media type that I have is not listed in the printer menu. The instructions with the Canon paper says "When you print with an imagePROGRAF printer: Select Fine art papers > ProPremiumMatteA on the Type menu from the operation panel of the printer..." 

But that is not an option in the list of papers in the printer's menu. 

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Frequently, if one is using macOS and they don't see all the expected features with the printer it is because the Apple AirPrint version of the printer driver is installed and not the Canon IJ Series driver.

What do you see when you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners?

If you don't see the IJ Series version of the printer click the "+" icon and wait for that version of the driver to show up.

It could take a few minutes.

This assumes that you did install the Canon driver. You may need to dowlnload the leatest version from the Canon support site.

Screenshot 2020-12-19 124251.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks for this insight. I was wondering if something was wrong with the driver set up. I read something in the printer manual that described a different looking window than the one I see when I go to mac preferences and look at the printer--I beleive I have the airprint option. However, when I click "+" I don't see any way to add the IJ version of the driver.

I recall when I first ran the canon install software that it gave me an option to choose between two versionso fthe Pro-300, and I simply clicked on the first. That may have been where I went wrong. I definitely do have the driver installed because I had already downloaded it from the site on the screen you showed. However, if I open open Canon IJ Printer Utility 2 from my applciations folder, it says no printer is connected.

If you have the Canon driver installed the "+" add should find the driver.

My suggestion would be to 1. click"-" to delete the current printer. 2. reinstall the Canon driver. 3. click "+" and re-add the printer. Wait for the IJ Series version. It could take several minutes to appear.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I followed these and was able to connect to the driver. Now I can see the "utility" option when I view the print setup, and that took me to the dialogue box where I could update the media.

However, I must not be understanding how this works. When I go into the media menu on the printer, I still see the same set of options that does not include the custom paper (Moab) that I added to the list using the Canon Media Configuration tool. But inside of the media configuration tool, I get a message that the list of media is correclty updated, and that my new paper (Moab) is "registered" in the printer.

I still do not see any way to select the Moab fine art paper on any printer driver screen or within the Cannon Print and Professional Layout application, which is what I am using to print. I also cannot see that paper as an option in the printer's command menu (on the printer). How do I select the paper profile that I created and print with this type of 3rd-party paper?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

I'm sorry, but I cannot help with that. Maybe give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hurwitz
Apprentice
You have to use the back tray, because the ProPremiumMatteA is 0.31 mm in thickness.

The upper tray won't accept any paper that is over 0.3mm.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements