cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 Suddenly Printing Low Quality Photos

beckyann18
Contributor

I have owned the Pixma Pro-100 for several years and have been able to print beautiful photos from Picasa where the color and intensity is almost identical to what is showing on the monitor. I have not changed any of the original default settings, but now the quality of the colors I am getting in photos is washed out, the sky/water is mauve instead of blue, etc. I have performed all troubleshooting tasks (clean heads, etc.) and am using Canon brand ink and paper, but cannot seem to get a resolution to this problem. It has become so frustrating I have quit printing because I just seem to be wasting ink.

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi Becky. You said you cleaned heads, but did you print a nozzle check?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi beckyann18,

If you can please take a picture of your nozzle check and attach it to your reply. This will help us troubleshoot your issue. Please click HERE for the steps to print the nozzle check.

We look forward to your reply.

IMG_4680.JPG

It may be the lighting, but your PC looks light. 

571D8822-BBAA-4810-988C-2CC3506585C7.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes it does, despite being a full ink cartridge. They all look pretty dull to me; all ink cartridges are full except for black.

Check the PC cartridge and be sure there isn’t any of the wrapping plastic stuck on the top. There is a tiny vent hole on the top and if it is blocked ink won't flow. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Nothing visible near vent hole or anywhere else on cartridge.

Photo from left was printed 2 years ago; same photo on bottom was printed today.  Color saturation completely gone.

IMG_4681.JPG

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements